Saturday, December 6, 2008

Coconut Rum Crescent Rolls

I just hosted a Christmas Brunch and served lots of yummies and thought I would share, since I remembered to take pictures! I don't have a habit of photographing my food on a regular basis and after we eat it, I thought, I should have taken a picture! Oh well, I'll get better. Because I really want to show you what it's supposed to look like. Isn't that why we buy all the little magazines in the grocery store check out aisle? Because the pictures make it look so yummy. And how many times do we try a recipe without a photo? Not as much as when we have a photo, is it? :) I'll post a new recipe each day until I complete the menu of what I served.

Coconut Rum Crescent Rolls

2 cans crescent rolls

2 TBSP. butter, melted

2/3 cup sugar

2/3 cup shredded coconut

1 TBSP. rum extract

1/2 tsp. nutmeg

Heat oven to 350°. Grease a 9" x 13" pan. Separate crescent rolls into 4 rectangles total, firmly press perforations to seal. Brush with butter. In a small bowl, combine sugar, coconut, rum extract and nutmeg, sprinkle over rectangles. Starting with the shorter side, roll up rectangles and press to seal ends. Cut each roll into 3 slices. Arrange cut side up in pan. Bake 20 to 25 minutes. Drizzle glaze over warm rolls (let them cool off a bit from the oven, or the glaze will melt into the rolls). Serves 12.

Glaze: mix 1 cup confectioner's sugar, 2-3 TBSP. milk and 1/4 tsp. rum extract until it's smooth.

No comments: