Saturday, December 27, 2008

Caprese Salad

This has become my new favorite salad of late and found that everyone's idea of what to put on it differs. I made up my own concoction of what I have found to be my favorite seasonings. I guess I could look up a recipe..but this turned out pretty good. And people that know me are shocked that I WILLINGLY eat cheese--that's not melted! My Dutch friends accuse me on not really being Dutch as I do not like any cheese unless it's melted! But the Buffalo Mozzerella Fresh Cheese just doesn't taste like cheese! And paired with the other ingredients, it can't be beat!

Caprese Salad

Fresh Mozzerella Cheese, sliced

Plum Tomatoes, sliced ( I do ahead of time and drain on paper towels)

Balsamic Vinegar

Garlic Expressions Oil (a garlic infused olive oil--found in the produce section)

Fresh basil, chopped (I forgot to buy some, so used dried basil..but fresh is best!)

Layer mozzerella cheese slices with the tomato slices. Sprinkle with basil. Pour the vinegar and oil over all to taste. Bon appetit!

No comments: