Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas Eve Menu

After years of doing hor'dourves on Christmas Eve, I switched to doing a dinner. We celebrate Christmas on Christmas Eve with our kids and their families and the young ones just did not enjoy the appetizers. So, this is the second year of doing a dinner and it's kind of fun to do it up 'big' for my family. It's my way of serving them and doing something special and out of the ordinary for them. My menu.....
The only thing that wasn't on there was this Fruit Torte my daughter brought. She is a good cook, but the recipe she wanted to do wasn't given to her until too late. So she brought this..it was beautiful and yummy. But no recipe since it came from a bakery.
Recipes will be posted over the next days for some of the items on our menu.
I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and will have a Happy New Year. In these times of gloom, we can still be very grateful we are blessed to have food on the table and family and friends to share with us. I wish the same for all of you.

No comments: