Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Best Chocolate Oat Chip Cookies


My hubby is a HUGE fan of the standard Toll House chocolate chip cookies. Don't deviate because he just don't like any others....until....these. He still likes his standard cc cookies, but these will do as well. I love how chewy they are..so yummy.

Chocolate Oat Chip Cookies



1 ¾ c. all purpose flour
1 t. baking soda
½ t. salt
1 ¼ c. packed light brown sugar
1 c. (2 sticks) butter, softened
½ c. granulated sugar
2 eggs
2 T milk
2 t. vanilla extract
2 ½ c. quick or old-fashioned oats
2 c. (12 oz package) Nestle Toll House semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1 c. coarsely chopped nuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl – set aside. In a large mixer bowl, beat brown sugar, butter, and granulated sugar until creamy. Beat in eggs, milk, and vanilla. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in oats, morsels, and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.

Bake at 375 for 9 to 10 minutes for chewy cookies or 12 to 13 minutes for crispy cookies. Let stand for 1 minute; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Dip in soy milk and enjoy. J

Makes about 4 dozen cookies.

I use an ice cream scooper instead of a rounded tablespoon – if you leave the mound high, they’re really chewy in the middle. When you take them out of the oven, they will probably not look too done, but they will taste great!!

Oh, and if any of you make them, I need to be the judge if you baked them the right way.



Recipe given to me by my daugher, Cortney..and I copied it directly from her. I told her that SHE needed to make them for ME first, so I would know if it was worth my time! And she did add that little bit about dipping them in SOY milk! As if....

okay..it was worth my time and they are best dipped in very, very cold SKIM milk ;)

2 comments:

Jeni said...

hi karen
could you please let me know all purpose flour............ what us aussie call plain flour.....and is a stick of butter 1 tablespoon ????
they look yummieeeeeeeeeeeee
cant wait to make them
thanks
jeni

The Calico Cat said...

You had me at chewy!

(I wish a stick was 1 TBSP!)