Sunday, October 26, 2008

Welcome to my new recipe blog!

Welcome--I thought I would start this blog to share all the wonderful recipes that I love to make so I can get back to my quilting! Or whatever. I do love to cook, but I tend to be a one track minded person. So, if I'm cooking, I like to cook all day, make a complete mess, but then be mostly done for the week! Same way with quilting, I'd rather sew all day and not be interrupted! If you have any recipes you'd like to share, please email me. I'll try my best to try them out and then post the results! So, here's goes..
Red Hot Cinnamon Applesauce

10-12 medium to large apples
1 c. apple juice
1 1/2 cups red hot cinnamon candies (imperials)

Dump all into a crock pot and cook on high for 4 hours or until apples are really soft. I have to leave the lid off and cook another 1/2 hour to let some of the juices evaporate. Then mash with a potato masher until chunky. Eat warm or cold--although I can't vouch for how good it is cold as it never gets past the lukewarm stage at our house!




No comments: